We care

We appreciate that being away from home is not easy for all international students. Education Nelson-Marlborough schools and colleges provide a supportive and safe environment to ensure that students achieve their goals
and get the most out of their study abroad experience.

Code or Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This is a quality assurance document administered by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). 


Living either in halls of residence or with one of our approved homestay families gives our international students security and their family back home peace of mind. You will benefit from living and studying alongside New Zealand students, and be fully immersed into 'kiwi' life. 

Before you arrive in New Zealand, we will ask you some preference questions and match you with the appropriate accommodation. Homestay is a very popular option as it provides you with a New Zealand family who can help to settle you into your new surroundings and provide at least two meals each day.   

Homestay accommodation costs approximately $245-$265 per week* 

Halls of residence accommodation costs approximately $270-$300 per week*

*Costs dependent on length of stay and individual education provider. 


International students coming to study in New Zealand for more than three months will need a student visa. For practical information on student visas, including the application process, see the New Zealand Now website.

A guide to filling out a student visa can be accessed here.

Our schools and colleges work with an number of accredited education agents throughout the world to give students and their parents assistance when applying to study here. The education agents can help you with choosing the right education provider for your needs, and assist with student visa applications and other paperwork. 

You can find the contact details of accredited New Zealand Specialist Agents here.

Medical & Travel Insurance

The New Zealand Government requires that all international students have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. If you already have insurance from your home country you must get the policy approved before you arrive to ensure it meets the requirements of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, Please discuss options with your education provider.

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) of New Zealand provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand. However, you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Visit the ACC website for further details.

Filter your preference by using the green tabs above.



The region's location at the top of the South Island makes it very accessible from anywhere in New Zealand, whether you arrive by land, sea or air. Most international students fly into Auckland or Christchurch, and then get a domestic flight to Nelson or Blenheim. You will be met by your education provider at either Nelson or Blenheim airport when you arrive. 


Nelson is fortunate to have five airlines servicing the region: Air New Zealand, Jetstar, Originair, Sounds Air, and air2there in and out of Nelson Airport, along with Golden Bay Air, based at Takaka in Golden Bay.

Marlborough has three airlines serving the region: Air New Zealand, Sounds Air, and air2there. Sounds Air operate a Christchurch to Blenheim service. 


Regular Cook Strait ferries provide vehicle and passenger access between Wellington in the North Island and Picton in the South Island. Two primary ferry companies are the Interislander and Bluebridge